Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Reflection on the Literacies

            In my secondary school I developed my text, audio and visual literacy skills. On the other hand, in terms of digital literacy skills when I started university, I improved computer literacy skill by using computer for my lessons. For audio literacy skill I was not prepared for the demands of academia but in a while I prepared audio literacy skill while listening CDs and watching series and movies. Furthermore, I used cyber learning literacy in university. I went to SAC (Self-Access Center) most of my times for studying. And I improved media literacy after starting my department. In my courses, I produced a wide variety of media such as PowerPoint and Prezi presentations or creating videos.
          I have had to develop cyber learning, media, distance learning, audio, text, video and visual literacies to cope with the demands of university. For instance, I have been using visual literacy for almost all my classes. For my department, creativity is really important so, I have to know how to create and interpret visual message accurately. I use my visual ability for creating presentations or thinking about an example lesson plan. Distance learning literacy helps me work with my teacher when we are in an online class such as while studying in Teamviewer. Or, distance learning literacy assists my friends and me while working on a presentation but without being close to each other.
          I think the strongest literacy is cyber learning literacy. Because it is all about knowing and using the technological tools appropriately and effectively. In this era we have to live with technology. So knowing and using technological tools properly helps us (teachers) improve ourselves and make positive effects on students. On the other hand, the weakest literacy is computer literacy. Because knowing the problems of computers is not a big deal. With a little assistance everybody is able to solve those problems.
         Teachers nowadays need to be competent in all these literacies. Because being a teacher is not an easy thing these days. In old times teachers use only books for teaching. But now, for being an efficent teacher, teachers should try more. They use technology from every aspect such as sending e-mails, doing online classes and preparing slides.

***   I have put a few links for you. They are games about digital literacy. Also they can show the teachers how they integrate the games to the classroom.  Have fun :)





***   If you are bad at technology, you can watch the video and the guy who is not capable of using technology as well :)







No comments:

Post a Comment